Letter from the Campus Head
Dear Parents and Staff
Who would believe that we are about to complete the fourth week of the term, it seems like the other day that we arrived back from the December break. Time stands still for nobody and we certainly have been busy here at both the Prep and Pre-Prep. Our new teachers and pupils certainly have settled in well and we really look forward to further fostering those relationships and are really pleased that our school family is extending.
It has also been an exciting week with many long-term projects finally reaching completion. We are so very proud of our new Grade 1 and 7 classrooms and do believe that this will take our learning to the next level and assist both our pupils and staff to really let our academic curriculum thrive. We finally have been connected to fibre and we now have a faster and stable line that boasts far more efficient upload and download speeds and will certainly service our network well. The increase in browsing speed is already notable and we are seeing a lot less of the dreaded rotating “wheel of death!” The electrical upgrade from a single phase to triple phase has finally been completed on MacIntosh Road and we are very excited about the more stable electrical supply coming into our Carol Arts and Media Centre and Pre-Prep.
We are well into our season with our varied sports codes and I look forward to departing shortly to scorching hot Knysna to support our Water Polo boys and girls. Much excitement is abound prior to our first Inter-House competition of the year with our Senior Prep Swimming Gala taking place next week. We also have our inter-school Mathematics Competition next week and we look forward, once again, to be hosting and competing in the Kids Lit Quiz later in the term. May you all have a wonderful weekend!
Whole School Closed on Tuesday 13 February due to the SA vs India One Day International at St George’s Park
Further to our letter dated 25 January 2018 regarding early closure on Tuesday 13 February, we have been informed that Park Drive will now be closed from 09h00 to accommodate the One Day international Cricket match at St George’s Park.
Therefore, we have taken the decision to close the Prep and Pre-Prep for the whole day.
Once again we apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause to our families, but this is beyond our control.
What’s on for the next two weeks – (School Events & Sport Fixtures: 12 – 24 February 2018)
The d6 Communicator is kept up to date with the daily fixtures. Also, refer to your blue Calendars.
The Parents’ Association are holding a Super Fun Day for the pupils on Wednesday 14 February 2018.
Pupils in Grades 1 – 7 wear Civvies to School. Grade 000 – Grade 7 will have an extended first-break with dancing on the Hall Quad and will enjoy a popcorn and ice-lolly.
A reminder to please return the reply slip and money to your class teacher by tomorrow, Friday 9 February. (Pre-Prep – R20 and Prep R25).
Annual Family Camp Out 2018 – Friday 2 March 2018
Early booking is advisable to ensure you can secure a campsite at R100 as there are limited spaces. A fee of R50 is charged for families who wish to attend the evening but do not wish to camp. Please also take note of the following information:
- Campsites can be pre-selected on a first-come, first-served basis, on condition that full payment has been received. A map of the camping areas will be available in the Prep school office from Friday 9 February for you to book your campsite. Pre-bookings for campsites close on Friday 23 February.
- The school grounds will be open from 4pm for you to pitch your tent.
- For those wishing to have their tents pitched for an additional R100, please ensure your tent is delivered to the school by 9am on Friday 2 March. Tents will only be pitched between 3pm and 5pm if they are labelled with a name and have the correct equipment e.g. poles/frames etc. is provided and has been paid for in advance. The school cannot be held responsible for any damages to tents or equipment.
- Campers are responsible for dismantling their own tents on Saturday 3 March.
- Please note that we are unable to accommodate any vehicles in the school grounds.
- Security will be present for the event.
- This event is a “Bring & Braai” and bring your own drinks. Braai packs can be pre-ordered @ R 50 per pack (consisting of a beef kebab, chicken sosatie & boerewors).
- Ground Floor Café will be selling pizza and a selection of coffees and hot chocolate on Friday evening and coffees and hot chocolate on Saturday morning.
- Bacon & Egg rolls on the Saturday morning can be pre-ordered and paid for with the RSVP slip.
Our tuckshop will have a variety of fun light up toys on sale.
A Peek around the Prep
We post photographs, events, announcements etc. on our Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram Accounts regularly – keep up to date with all that the Prep and Pre-Prep get up to – click on the links below and like, follow and share!
Our Deputy Head demonstrating one of our core values right at the start of a day #kindness
Our Grade 7’s at Addo Elephant Park, as an extension to their termly theme!
A wonderful day of cricket for our 1st XI and U11A & B boys at Kingswood
One of our annual community outreach projects -“St George’s Park Clean-Up” – giving back to the Port Elizabeth community by showing our support in making St George’s Park a better space for all to enjoy
Love Story was full of very happy helpers last Friday. Thank you for your donations and help Grade 4S class!
Gr 6’s taking their NS class outdoors to study the plants they have planted!
Who said Maths has to be taught in the classroom?
A Peek around the Pre-Prep
Outside fun at the Pre-Prep … icing cookies and spending time with the bunnies
The Grade Rs enjoyed a visit by one of our special Moms dramatising Goldilocks and the Three Bears – what a fun and exciting way to hear the story!